Monday, April 26, 2010

DVD- Comics Workshop Kits for Kids!


It's been a while since my last post; but it's been a busy spring with school residency programs and other fun stuff! In fact, the image you see was taken from the DVD I recently produced, and it is part of a "Cartooning & Comics Workshop Kit" that I am very excited about featuring at some of my upcoming camps and convention appearances. The kit, which is perfect for kids 8 and up, will include the DVD lessons with over 40 minutes of instruction; an accompanying workbook, a pad of drawing paper, pencil, eraser and a dual-tipped ink marker! The Workshop Kit is designed to show young artists how to create their own characters using simple shapes, how to use "penciling" and "inking" techniques, how to get ideas for their comic stories and how to create their own comics! The price of the kits has not yet been determined. I created these as a result of the interest from kids and parents at my on-site workshops; and so this is a way for young cartoonists to have my "comics workshop in a box" to learn at home! The kits will be available initially at all of my summer camp appearances- the Union-West Mini-Con in Monroe, NC; also at the Baxter YMCA summer week-long camps in Fort Mill, SC; the Gaston County Museum of Art & History Mini-Camp and at HeroesCon Comic convention in Charlotte, NC. I'll post more info about the kits here or on my website as it becomes available; www.davemcdonald.com Stay TOONED!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Dave! The kit sounds really great- I can't wait to see them! It looks so cool to see our library's convention on your list!

    ReplyDelete